A-C-T-S Prayers: This weekend we prayed through the ACTS Prayer guide, this is what we used… I Hope you are able to use it also!
1. Adoration: Praising God for who He is
Read & Reflect:
Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. (Ephesians 2:1, 2, 4, 5, 8 NLT)
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. (Psalms 46:1 NLT)
- Pray that God would give you a greater understanding of His Word.
- Pray for God to place a desire in your heart to know Him and be known by Him
- Pray that you may better realize how much God loves you and what He has done for you.
2. Confession: Releasing to God your sins
Read & Reflect:
If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts. (1 John 1:8-10 NLT)
People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. (Proverbs 28:13 NLT)
- Talk to God about the sins you have knowingly committed this weekend.
- Talk to God about any sins you find yourself repeating.
- Talk to God about any relationships that have been broken because of sin… (Gossip, lies, unforgiveness)
3. Thanksgiving: Thank God for all He has done.
Reflect on these verses:
Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. (Hebrews 12:28 NLT)
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. (Colossians 2:6, 7 NLT)
- List 10 blessings in your life you are thankful for, pray and thank God for them.
- Pray that Jesus would help you to have a more thankful 2013 than 2012.
- Pray and Thank God for His Son and life we have because of His Life, Death & Resurrection.
4. Supplication: Asking, making requests to God
Read & Reflect:
Take delight in the Lord , and he will give you your heart’s desires. (Psalms 37:4 NLT)
Give your burdens to the Lord , and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. (Psalms 55:22 NLT)
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. (Hebrews 4:16 NLT)
- Pray for boldness to have great conversations with God this year, talking to Him like a best friend.
- Pray for any requests you may have.
- Pray for Jesus give you hope for the new year and a glimpse of how He wants to grow in you and move through you!